Steiner Scopes

Saltydog235

Anyone out there put their hands on one of these optics or know anything about them? I know their binos are top knotch but I believe they are relatively new on the scope lines.

PawPaw

I've been seeing them for several years. I passed on a rifle two years ago that had a Steiner scope mounted. The counter guy was trying to sell me the rifle, claiming that Steiner's were rare and expensive. I told him that if he'd take the scope off the rifle, I'd buy the rifle, less what he thought the Steiner was worth. He declined.

jmr40

I've had a couple of pair of their binoculars. If their scopes are as bad I'll pass. Their binoculars are highly overrated.

JustinBiscuit

I have the Steiner 4-16x50 Tactical 34mm and I really like it. IMHO it was equal to the S&B for $1000 less. In general I am a big fan of German optics.

I do that that in high end scopes/Bino's one quickly reaches a point of diminishing returns that most can not recognize at first or at all. For me I wanted one top tier scope and found it in the Steiner.

Saltydog235

Ended up ordering a Weaver Tactical 3X15X50 EMDR Illuminated. It had all of the features that I wanted, great reviews and a price that I just couldn't overlook. After some judicious shopping and working some angles, I came out at around $650.00.