Steel or Poly

For those who have a concealed weapons permit please choose (polymer or 1911)..

• I own both polymer frame and 1911 guns but just carry 1911s

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • I own both polymer frame and 1911 guns but just carry polymer frame guns

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I only own and carry polymer frame guns

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I only own and carry 1911s

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't own either polymer frame guns (XDs, Glocks, etc) or 1911s but I do carry something else

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I own both and carry both at various times

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • I used to carry a 1911 but switched to a polymer framed gun

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I used to carry a polymer framed gun but switched to a 1911

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

riggins_83

Just curious.. no wars, battles or negative comments please.

Please only vote based on what you carry as an off duty civilian (not what was issued by the military or law enforcement agency).

Uncle Malice

I voted I own both and carry both... but that's not exactly accurate.

The title is not very accurate to the poll options... Poly vs. steel should not be limited to 1911 only.

I don't own or carry a 1911, but I do own and carry both Glocks and Sigs...

davecharles

I too own and carry a variety of handguns including XDm, S&W 4043(alloy)
FEG 40 compact (steel). I carry mostly 40's only because it simplifys ammo inventory. :D
Dave:D

Officer's Match

I own both and carry both.

G38 45GAP in a Bluegrass Hybrid
IMG_0003-2-1.jpg

Delta Elite 10mm in a Brommeland Max-Con V
IMG_0036-1.jpg

Ed Brown Kobra Carry 45ACP (in the same MCV)
IMG_0043-1-1.jpg

guypowell

I was carrying my SIG P228 but have gone back to a Glock 19. It's a bit lighter and doesn't scratch as easy as my SIG. I'll always enjoy and appreciate my SIGs, but I'll carry Glock.

DBAR

Glock 36, Keltec .380, Kimber 1911, Sig P220 SAO are all carried at one time or another, and in usually in that order. I prefer to carry the Glock, due to the weight, and the Sig, just because I like it.

Kreyzhorse

I own both and carry both. I also carry a snub nose revolver on occasion as well.

Out of all of them, an all steel full size 1911 is my favorite carry but there is times it doesn't work as well as my Ruger LCP.

novalty

I don't own either a polymer or 1911 gun. Have S&W all Stainless Steel 5906 w/ Crimson Trace, and a S&W 4566TSW. Before I purchased the 4566TSW, I was seriously considering a polymer S&W M&P 45 after shooting a friends. The gun shoots accurate, has low recoil, and holds 10 rounds, but alas I could not get over the fact it was polymer. Still a fine weapon though.

jedi391

1911's are like art. I carry one in plain clothes assignments but for street work in the rain and sweaty heat. A good polymer tool works just fine aswell.