• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

State sub-forums?

jfrey123

Any thoughts for running sub-forums for each state? Something similar to Glocktalk's site. I've tried using the one there, but know that this board offers so much more (number and quality of members) that I'd like to be able to locate locals on here.

Local forums can be used to coordinate group shoots, discuss local gun rights in depth, discuss local shops and etc.

If moderation is a hurdle, I suggest a local member for each state be allowed to apply for Mod rights to the threads. Using this idea, TFL board would only have to open a forum for states that are willing to have someone look after them.

I submit my idea humbly and respectfully. :cool:

Wildalaska

I think, if it wouldnt be a technical burden, that that is an excellent idea priovided that the subforums are limited to state specific issues, and the mods would have to move general stuff....

WildinominatespifftomodthealaskaforumAlaska ™

rampage841512

I think, if it wouldnt be a technical burden, that that is an excellent idea priovided that the subforums are limited to state specific issues, and the mods would have to move general stuff....

I agree. This would be nice.

UniversalFrost

yeah it is a nice idea, but would create an undue burden on the mods.

Most states already have several shooting or gun related forums. All you have to do is google them or many of the folks here will let you know.

I personally make a point of sending people in AZ over to the arizonashooting forum and other hunting/out forums that are AZ specific.

For now, just google your states shooting forums or post a thread with a specific state in the title.

PT111

Not really a bad idea but what you run into is that like a certian forum I visit 95% of all the posts are from two states. Their "problems" or posts dominate the entire forum and others wind up being left out. You post a question and immediately several people start giving you how they do it in those states.

It will create work for the mods and since I just always click new posts to scroll it doesn't matter. I already have a big enough problem deciding which sub-forum to without adding 50 more. :confused: