State Guns

roy reali

Nevada's state bird is the Mountain Bluebird. We have state colors and even state rocks. We don't have a state gun. I was wondering which firearm(s) would best represent the Spirit of Nevada.

Most of this state is wide-open desert type landscape. It does have a "cowboy" feel to it. It is not unusual to cattle round ups with "real" cowboys. We also have quite a few wild horses thrown in too. Then there is the stereotype of Nevada created by Hollywood, shows like Bonanza were supposedly set in Nevada. With all that in mine, I have come up with the two Nevada State Guns. Two, one handgun and one long gun.

The handgun would be a Colt Single Action in .45. The rifle a Winchester Lever Action. These two guns seem to fit Nevada to a "T".

So, what would your state's official gun be? Which would represent the spirit of your state?

cornbush

They are devastating on jack rabbits and pumkins. Golf ball cannons will penetrate a car door, or so I was told by a friend.:D:eek:

oneounceload

Having lived in the Silver State, and knowing that it's claim to fame originated with the Comstock Lode, I would vote for something from the latter era, either the Winchester lever, or the Colt SAA. However something from the original timeline might also be apropos. Not too sure what was the best gun back in 1864, especially out West, but that would work great too

BillCA

I suggest for Nevada....

m1sb.jpg

In California, due to the Californicated laws...

suicide-gun.jpg

EdInk

If I lived in Kentucky.

Davy Crockett was from Tennessee and used a musket. That's my choice.

Alvin York was also from Tennessee so maybe a WWI rifle.

Andrew Jackson's duelling pistols would be cool too.

SAIGAFISH

really long range

i also lived in nevada for awhile.i was thinking houwitzer,you got the range
and unless your up north all you could hit is cactus or dirt for here in oregon
it would be something in stainless

wally626

I think I cannot read anymore

If I lived in Kentucky.

Davy Crockett was from Tennessee and used a musket. That's my choice.

My eyes saw Tennessee but brain saw Kentucky for some reason:eek:

oneounceload

What should be the official Florida state firearm?

Might have to do that by area - gang-infested south FL, anything automatic..... :D

hmmmm, in gator country, maybe the bang-stick

quail country - the ubiquitous 28 gauge, preferably in a SxS

hog country - a 12 pump or lever rifle.......

but if we're talking about it's history, a musket of some kind, since the Spanish through the civil war used it