Starlings?

12-34hom

They are great 22 fodder, they overwhelm my bird feeders. Hi- velocity h.p. really zap there little heads out of my Marlin 39a.....:D

They just keep coming back for more, stubborn, very aggressive birds.

12-34hom

Old Grump

Member in memoriam
Starlings taught me to shoot 50 some years ago. No matter how I tried I couldn't put a dent in their population but I dropped a lot of them.

roklok

I have killed thousands of them, no exageration. Back on the farm in PA it was a constant battle keeping ahead of them. I HATED them, but they were fun to shoot. I dont see any here in AK.

JWT

Dispatched many of them with my Red Ryder many years ago. Years later I used a Crossman pellet gun. Both were effective but didn't make a dent in the population. Miserable birds....

GojuBrian

I remember one weekend when I was a kid shooting over 500 of them with a friend of mine. We were morbid little ****s. :D

Uncle Buck

I hate them birds. Can you believe there are actually groups out there that advocate NOT killing them? They want you to feed them special food containing a chemical that sterilizes them (The birds, not the bird advocates!).

We have shot them with everything from the daisy bb guns to shotguns and we never seem to be able to make a dent in the population.

My first scoped "Rifle" was a crossman pellet gun, bought just for shooting starlings off of Grammas' bird feeders.

Legionnaire

Used to shoot them by the hundreds with a Beeman R7 out at my in-laws' place in Lancaster County. My father-in-law preferred a CZ452 shooting CBs. Good shooting either way.

Scorch

They are great for target practice! 22LR out to 150 yds, and the targets never disappear. I read once that if every man, woman and child in the USA (roughly 300 million) would go out every day and kill 1 starling, it would take 10 years to eliminate them. Well, since only about 5-10% of the US population hunts, that means every hunter would have to go out and kill 20 per day to eliminate them within 10 years. Get busy!