Star model B magazine ?

jmstr

Am I remembering correctly that there are two different types of Model B mags also?

I seem to recall one has a 'tab' that sticks out the front, and the magazine fits flush with the end of the grip frame, with that tab sticking out a small slot in the frame.

The other has a wide base that covers the entire bottom of the grip frame, and nothing goes into a tab on the frame.

That is my recollection. I could be wrong.

Ibmikey

The Model B magazine with the filler rib inside is a rare bird indeed, determining if a mag is an A or B is difficult as Star did not mark their mags as to caliber. As Bill indicated it is the same basic pistol with a different chambering, I use A magazines and 9 mm ammo with pretty good results and some Triple K mags ( I culled the ones that had dimension problems or broke fairly quickly) that so far are functioning as desired. The Triple K mags have feed lips designed for the 9 mm cartridge.
Using an A mag requires one in good condition and feed lips that have not been previously tweeted by bubba.
Both the removable base and fixed base mags were used in B pistols, depending upon vintage.

tsillik

I am still learning on these star pistols, I have a model B, looks the right magazines are fairly expensive. terry

KyJim

There's a fairly good reference site for Star handguns at http://star-firearms.com/.

Yes, the mags are a bit on the expensive side but the cost on some current-production pistols are similarly priced. For example, some Kahr mags run close to the $40 range. https://www.topgunsupply.com/magazines/kahr.html. Mags for more popular pistols are usually not that high (mag prices for 1911s are all over the board).

For me, a couple of mags will last a lifetime because I'll only occasionally shoot my Stars. And, if one mis-feeds, it's not the end of the world because I consider mine to be range toys. I have other guns for defensive purposes.

Ibmikey

KyJim, Go to the Gunboards forum, Spanish Pistols for real information, including Star from Spain and Adondebaes formerly from Spain now the USA.