Star Model 1906

TenmaNeko

I have a Star Model 1906 6.35mm pistol. Is there any information on how to disassemble this? It's in desperate need of cleaning. Thanks in advance.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Almost all those Spanish pistols dismount the same way as the M1905 Browning/Colt Vest Pocket. Make sure gun is empty, then cock the hammer. Pull the slide back to some undetermined point, and turn the barrel counter clockwise (as seen from the rear). This moves the lugs out of the frame and into the slide, and allows the slide to come forward off the frame.

I know that "undetermined point" sounds odd, and some guns do have a holdback to postion the slide for takedown, but some, like the Colt, you just have to feel for the right point.

Jim

sdm7773

On the left side of the frame just behind the trigger, there is a button just below the slide. When pushed flush, pull gently on the trigger guard. Remove the spring assy. making sure not to let spring plug go flying. Cock hammer and move the slide back as far as you can. Lift the rear of the slide up and then off of the end of the barrel. Re-assemble in reverse order.

sdm7773

TenmaNeko,

How did the cleaning go?

I noticed in one of your other posts that you included pics.

"The second pic is the view with the slide open. Does anyone know what the button near the trigger is? It's not a magazine release, and it doesn't seem to move."

Remove the R side grip and you should have no problems.

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

James K

Member In Memoriam
My apologies for the bum info. I am not familiar with that gun, though I am with its larger .32 caliber brother, and thought it was like so many other Spanish .25's. I am glad sdm7773 was able to come through with the straight scoop.

Jim