Star BM

jefnvk

I've been thiking about one of the J&G Star BM's. Any comments? How well do they shoot, what kind of condition are they in? I'm looking for something with more bang then my .22, and for less money to shoot then my .45. Pretty much just a plinker gun.

PaleRyder

We have quite a few Star BMs. If you get one in good shape, they're good shooting reliable guns. The only thing to look for is the size of the firing pin. If you get one with a long pin, it can be much more touchy.

old_yout

I recently got one of these. I haven't had any ftf's after about 300 rounds but I did have to have the back site adjusted. It was shooting pretty far to the left.
I think it's a great little gun for the price.

Check the High Road for information. Before I bought mine I found that they had a lot more information than here does.

Tom2

Had one

I had one but just sold it as I got a Sig 239 in 9 and figured it was redundant. Triple K makes acceptable aftermarket mags for the thing. The safety lever disengages with very little force-almost too light a touch. Some said they worked on the indent on the lever so that it is more positive in the safe position. Accuracy will not be a tackdriver at 25 yds, most likely. But good enough for defense use. Trigger pulls are generally excellent, like a custom 45 job. Function is good. Shoots a bit high at 25 yds. My windage was right on. Nice little gun, but mine was in about 95+ on the blueing. Have seen some with rather alot of wear on them so hopefully you will get a good one. Be better to go to a show and see what you are getting first hand. I always found ordering stuff like that with a C&R to be a pain, as you might get a crappy example of any surplus gun and have to ship it back and try your luck again.