Star BKS Starlight

doubleaes2

Does anyone have any experience with the Star BKS Starlight? I will be picking one up on Saturday, and I'm already in love with it. Single action, 9mm, single stack magazine, aluminum frame, and it looks like a baby 1911. I searched this forum and THR and found nothing on this model. Any info or opinions will be much appreciated.

Bill DeShivs

The Starlight is the epitome of the 1911-style 9mms. Thin, ergonomic, safe, and powerful. Safer than a Colt to carry cocked and locked. Same gun as a BM, but with alloy frame. It may require a little tweaking to reliably feed hollow points. Use grease on the slide rails to reduce wear.
Bill

doubleaes2

Thank you Bill, I was hoping to hear good things. :) I'm a 1911 fan, anf this gun really turned me on. I'm glad to know that it is safe to carry in condition one. I'm picking it up for $150. The gun has an excellent finish, and there is no holster wear, and no marks on the feedramp.

RickB

Col. Cooper was a fan of the BKS, mentioning it often in his writings in the '70s. I've never seen one for sale, in all of my gun store and show wanderings, but I've always thought it would be a neat pistol to have.

Thud

Is probably with the exception of Star A and B the best Spanish gun and a pleasure to carry and shoot. So keep that gun and You'll not regret it! Cheers, THUD.-