Stainless Blackhawk .357/9mm Convertible?

Crosshair

In my book of gun values it says that the convertables are made in Blue only. Don't see a stainless on the Ruger site either. If you run across a stainless version it would have to be a custom job.

Chindo18Z

Thanks for the replies.

I've been considering a convertible for ages but have only seen reference to the blue models in .357/9mm. I like the stainless convertible concept but don't really need the .45ACP/.45 Colt version (I already have a 4-5/8" Super).

It just seems that it would be a no-brainer for Ruger to make stainless 9mm cylinders for their .357 Blackhawks. It would be an ideal weather resistant Hunting/Survival/Marine use weapon.

Guess I'll have to continue searching the auction boards...

clayking

They don't make 'em in SS. I have a fairly new one, blued of course, less than 500 rounds, that I would be willing to sell if you are interested..................ck

AFshooter

I love mine.

Pre-Warning. The only way to go.
The previous owner carved these grips out of Ironwood and passed them on to me.

Crosshair

AFshooter

The previous owner carved these grips out of Ironwood
:eek: How long did it take him. They don't call it Ironwood for nothing.

Chindo18Z

AFshooter: Nice Blackhawk and really nice grips. I really like the look.

I may have to find some dark-grain wood for mine. It's still wearing the original ('72) much lighter factory panels.

If Ruger would make the .357/9mm convertible in stainless, I feel that it would make an ideal "truck gun". It would be resistant to the elements and able to digest the world's most readily available combinations of centerfire pistol ammo (.38/.357/9mm).

I love the .45ACP/.45LC version, but like the mid-range caliber possibilities better. I've already covered the big-bore SA itch (.44 Magnum/.44 Special).

45Colt_Man: Do you happen to know if those 1975'ers had blued/black sights?

Chindo18Z

45Colt_Man: Thank You Sir for the link. The blued sights would be what I would want (my eyes have problems picking up a sight picture with stainless sights).

Wow...$850 for a Blackhawk...a bit more than I think I would be willing to pay.

HEY RUGER! If you're listening:

Make a stainless, 4 5/8", .357/9mm convertible Blackhawk...I'll buy it. I think others will too.

jhrosier

Blued 9mm cylinders turn up on the auction sites fairly regularly.
Sometimes, like this one, they drop in and fit and time perfectly.
Sometimes the services of a gunsmith may be needed.
Mine shoots jacketed bullets very well but doesn't like lead bullet reloads at all.
Check out my nifty "speedloader" ;)

357Blackhawk-vi.jpg