Stainless Baby Eagles?

P99AS9

I am a big fan of stainless firearms. I was looking in to buying a baby eagle and was wondering, does Magnum Research make or have they made a baby eagle in stainless before? I looked at google images and I saw a few baby eagles in stainless (like the one shown below) but can't find them on the Magnum Research website.

22988.jpg

jokers45

I haven't heard anything about stainless Baby Eagles but I know Ford's Custom Gun Refinishing does all of the specialty finishes for Magnum Research like chrome and gold and they do a few Baby Eagles each month with a brushed chrome finish. If you want one you'll have to be incredibly lucky to find one or you can have your local FFL dealer call Magnum Research and order one.

I stole this photo of a BE with a brushed chrome finish and rail from an overpriced auction somewhere. It looks horrible and must be very heavy. The low profile sights are interesting though and I might try them on my 40 caliber BE if Magnum Research ever sells them from their website.
be-rail1.JPG

imthegrumpyone

Got a straight shoot'en 9mm, probable 20- 25 years ago wouldn't part with it. It's a dream to shoot and just found out you can cram 18 in the mag and 1 chambered. Got a love em. ;);)

hemiram

Jokers45, that BE might look "horrible" to you, but to me, it's nearly perfect. And the heaviness is a positive. IMHO. One on my wish list, for sure.

SV_shooter

I shot USPSA production div. w a hard chromed BE n I made it to A class before I got my raced out Glock. It's a great CZ!! :D pretty reliable and a true point n shoot pistol. I actually like it more than my 75b. If your going to chrome it, put 5k down the bbl. 1st and break it in. The minute thickness of the chrome will tighten the frame to slide fit and the gun feel a lot smoother.

jokers45

hemiram,
To each their own, I just don't care for rails. I like the look of the BE without the rail, with the rail it's squared off everywhere in front and I understand the added weight will help with recoil but it's already pretty heavy.

I contacted Magnum Research about the low profile sight and they said it's only available with that model.

hemiram

Heaviness is a huge positive to me. I like guns made of steel, and heavy as can be. I'm a big guy and a half pound is no big deal. I like the looks of the railed one over the regular BE. But I want a regular fullsized one too, when one comes along at the right price.

Last edited: