Stainless .357 Black Hawk Swap

10-96

I am a wheelgun fan at heart- but I like my rifles too. Yesterday, I swapped a drilled and tapped Rem 1903A3, 8/43, frosted bbl, inexpensive sporter stock for a 2013 Stainless Black Hawk .357 with a 4 1/2" or so barrel. The Ruger has box, all paperwork, original stocks. There's no ghost ring around the firing pin hole, so I don't think it's been fired a whole lot, and there's just the faintest of a drag line.

Like I said- I like my rifles, but do ya'll think I make a good trade? I only had $350 invested into the rife.

10-96

Some time ago, I had an older model stainless blackhawk with the longer barrel. It had been reamed to 357-44 Bain & Davis. I've always half heartedly kicked myself for getting rid of that one. I don't know that it did anything my blue .41mag wouldn't do- but that sucker sure was LOUD.

I'm not a huge fan of the factory or Pachmeyer grips on them, but I figure I'll eventually order a set for each of them from these folks... http://altamontco.com/experimental/products/pistol/ruger/#Ruger_blackhawk.php.

Has anyone had any dealings with these folks? Fit & Quality on par with the prices?