Stag Based 6.5CM and 308Win

MarkCO

Last year, I accumulated the parts for a new large frame AR. Bought every part on sale, or already had it. My goal was to match, as much as possible, the two uppers for ballistics out to about 600 yards. Taking data from prior rifles, this is what I came up with. Both uppers are about 1 MOA, but they were not all settled in when I shot the groups. I'll redo the chrono and tune the loads a little more after another 50 rounds through the 6.5CM.

Using the Burris Signature HD 2-10 on both uppers, and I have been playing with the new Burris app, which has the ability to store multiple guns, cartridges, print data cards, wind analysis and reticle analysis. It is decent, and accurate to about 600 yards, but I started to see a little error come in out at 770 yards. The lack of tiered BCs and the lack of an actual truing function are detractors, but my guess is that it will be more than most folks need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ3f_bjTG0M

rickyrick

Well I just realized I’ve never heard another human say Geissele before now, I had it all wrong in my head. Sharp looking and good shooting uppers.