Stag Arms?

Coltlover

I already have a 1992 Colt 20” HBAR. However I do not want to pay for a name now and am interested in the Stag Model 2 or the 2T. Does anyone have any experience with Stag Arms rifles? Keep in mind I am in Kalifornia and this is one of the only AR’s you can buy legally around here (that I know of) with a detachable magazine. Any help would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

jakeswensonmt

Have Stag Type 2 carbine. Love it. No complaints. Highly recommend one. Never malfunctioned, even once. Very accurate. Have a gunsmith re-stake the gas key screws and you've got yourself a very nice rifle.

Coltlover

Thanks

Ya I started looking again like 4 weeks ago and it seems like the model 2 was in the low 700’s now they are like 950? I hope they come down soon…

Thanks for the insight.

Coltlover

Sorry you are correct I went back it was for the upper only.

Does anyone know if the Stag upper will fit a colt lower?

thallub

Does anyone have any experience with Stag Arms rifles?

I own two stag Arms rifles, a 3L and a 4L. Neither has ever had a malfunction. Since the model 2 is legal in CA it would seem that the model 3 is would be legal there.

dm1333

I own a Stag lower and think highly of it. Your upper should work with any lower you have. Be forewarned that it might be a tight fit, my CMMG upper and Stag lower have absolutely no play, the fit is very tight.

Conn. Trooper

Stag is right here in CT. They made the entire S&W Ar at first. They made them, put them in the S&W box and mailed them back to Smith. They are a great gun.

Forwardassist

Actually, CMT makes parts for S&W, and many other manufactures. Stag is a division of CMT. Stags are on the lower end of AR spectrum, but they are good rifles for the price. Smith are usually better since they build there rifles closer to military standards. Stag makes mass market ARs.