Stag Ar-15 ?

Wleoff

I bought a Stag about a year ago. Forget what model it is, but with fixed stock, flat top and 20" barrel. First AR15 that I've owned, but I did have some experience with M16s in the 60s. I bought the Stag to shoot varmints around the farm, especially coyotes. It's performed great. Shoots every kind of .223 that I've run thru it. I put a 4x Monarch scope on it, which has worked fine since I don't shoot at anything over about a 100 yards. Stag build quality is very good. Just keep it lubricated. I use to carry a Ruger Ranch Rifle in .223 around in the truck for coyotes, but it wasn't accurate past about 50 yards. I now carry the Stag instead.

thallub

Have had a Stag Arms Model 4L since they first came out: Love that gun. Ordered a Model 3L last week.

NYSJAILER2008

Simply The Best

I OWN THE STAG MODEL 1 CARBINE (M4 CLONE) 5.56NATO 16"BARRELL 1/9 TWIST. ITS AMAZINGLY ACCURATE AT 50 YARDS AND HAS SNIPER RANGE AT 100 YARDS WITH IRON SIGHTS. I CAN SHOOT ANY AMMO WITH NO PROBLEMS FROM HORNADY 75GR OR WOLF 55GRN. BEST RIFLE FOR THE MONEY. REMINDS ME OF A GLOCK BRAND IN RIFLES.

awpk03s

I put a Stag 2HL complete upper on my AR build. I'm very pleased with it. Seems like a great value and performer, and for me the LH options sealed the deal.

jakeswensonmt

My Stag type 2 carbine has yet to malfunction, very accurate, no rattles, nice finish. Bolt carrier not fully up to milspec, but then again I don't shoot 1K rounds a week in the sandbox.

If you buy one have the gas key screws re-staked, they're insufficiently staked from the factory. Other than that, the Stag is a good civilian AR.

targshooter

Stag M1

I've owned a Stag M1 carbine for just under a year. The carbine is accurate enough that 300 meter shooting is a meaningful reality. The fit and finish were excellent out of the box. I have fired about 2,500 rounds through it and there have been no problems. The hardest thing was finding surplus magazines that were not military rejects and in some way out of spec. Magpul magazines have been flawless in function. The staking on mine has remained as it came from the factory; but full auto may require a more robust staking. Never felt the need, but such is very easy to do.