Stack-On gun cabinets?

MagicMan

I am in need of a bigger cabinet. A safe would be nice, but pricey. I've been thinking about picking up a double door 16 gun Stack-On cabinet.

Who has the best prices on these? Are there any decent safes in this price range as well? 10 gun units are too small.

I currently have an 8 gun Stack-On cabinet.

toyman69

I got my stack-on fire rated safe from dunhams sports. was the best price around for a 12/24 gun safe that had a fire rating.

4INCHSMITH

I have the 10 gun model but with 6 long guns and 4 pistols it gets to be a real pain in the arse to keep away from dinging and bumping them together. The double door has shelves on one side doesn't it? I was looking at one like that but cheaped out and got the 10 gun model. I'm working on getting a larger cabinet and I'll convert the smaller one for ammo storage.

MagicMan

If someone wants in, they will get unless you have 1 of the Ft Knox safes that cost a few grand.

Anyone have pics of the inside of that 14 gun Liberty?

ZeSpectre

Stack-on is far better than nothing, but alone they are more of a "residential security container" than an actual safe.

The best Stack-On setup I've seen so far was a two door type that was also hidden behind a "secret door". In other words most of the safety was really coming from the fact that the location was all but invisible.

rrp

Stack-on gun cabinet

I agree with ZeSpectre. I have the double door stack on and it is good for keeping the guns and suplies from being handled by children. By no means safe from fire or a burglar. I have a Canon safe I use for my more valued firearms. It would take longer to open and has some fire protection but I don't think there is a safe on the market that's 100% safe from fire or theft.

Lavid2002

I have a stack-on as well and its getty pretty cramped inside. not to mention the fact that you have to turn scoped firearms sideways if you want them to fit inside. It also feels like I could spend 30 seconds on the thing with a grinder and get inside. Right now I think of the thing as a, "Convenient way for someone to pick up ALL my firearms at once" Instead of a means of geeping them from getting to them. I bolted it to the wall with 4, 4" long wood screws with the octogonal heads. If someone wants em...there guna have to work for em. Ill buy a bigger safe when im out of college. Then maybe ill keep this safe for ammo or something else. For 100 bucks theres not much I can complain about. Maybe a family member will need it. Who knows?

Housezealot

I have a stack on and I trust it to keep my young sons out but NOT a thief, I had the lock break and I drilled it out in under 2 minutes, plus you could pry it open within seconds if you wern't worried about damage (thieves aren't) on the plus side stack on sent me out a new lock mechanism the very day I emailed them.

darrentxs

Used gun cabinets are going cheap on Craigslist these days. If you don't absolutely have to have a stack on unit, you could do well checking there.

As people migrate to safes and prefer not to have firearms on display, the used market for gun cabinets has been very good for buyers.

MagicMan

I'd prefer a safe of course & was going to go w/1 of the cheaper stack-on safes Waiting for more input & vendors w/best prices. My local Dick's only has the small one.

Toolman

I have one of the Stack-On Elite series but only because I needed something fast and it's better than nothing. My other two safes are the old Tredloks.
Check out what your local gun shops are using as their safes.

hilltop5

I've looked around and if someone thinks they will get something decent for under $1000--guess again! Stack-Ons are made in China and they are junk, why would you pay anything for junk.

Last edited: