SRP for SPP

tangolima

I don't have problem using SRP in place of spp. Don't remember I ever have had any issues. It was all on hammer fired guns though. I tried that on a Glock today. It hardly worked, no more than 2 rounds out 10 fired.

I guess striker fired designs, Glock in particular, have less energy. That may be why they have to have that funny tip on the striker. I am down to 3k of spp. I will need to reserve those for the Glock. Will try to trade more with other primers.

Go lean till the lean years are over.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jetinteriorguy

This may depend on what brand primers. I recently picked up 5000 S&B SRP’s for $400.00 with the intention of using them in pistols. I only got 100% reliability in my CZ75 SA, and my GP100, none of my others worked nearly as well. So on the advice of a couple people here I tried CCI SRP’s and got 100% reliability in all my pistols. The upside is I have about 8000 of the CCI’s and the S&B’s work really well in my rifles and in some cases have actually increased accuracy.

Shadow9mm

My 5th gen g19, p365, and gp100 all set off both cci and winchester srp 100%. Primers might not be firmly seated?

tangolima

Extra power spring is a good idea. I should have thought of it. It probably will make the trigger pull heavier, but it gives me options. I will get one just in case. For the time being, I will continue use the spp I still have, and trade SRP for SPP when I can. Hopefully I don't need to use the extra power spring. Thank you guys.

BTW, the SRP I tried were Winchester and Wolf. Winchester is known for its insensitivity, but Wolf was actually worse.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

reddog81

I've been using CCI 400 (The regular small rifle primers) in 9mm for the last year or so. The CCI 400's have been easy to find compared to others and they seem to work the same as anything else. None of my loads are max loads and usually are closer to starting loads than anything else.