SR40c announced today!

Hitthespot

I have been so happy with my SR9c I will definintely be trading my M&P40 compact in on the new Ruger.

Thanks Ruger for releasing another great pistol. Boy have they been busy!!

excelerater

i dumped my M&P for a 9c and never looked back
Ruger got this one right ,im am certain the 40c will be a winner
and priced right !

Hitthespot

Thanks for posting the review, 209Man. Owning the SR9c myself, I couldn't agree more with everything he said. Again I'm really looking forward to picking up the SR40c.

C0untZer0

Of all the major gun manufacturers I would trust Ruger the most to make a tough, resilient and reliable 10mm auto.

Wish they would...

Redbeardsong

I have been so happy with my SR9c I will definintely be trading my M&P40 compact in on the new Ruger.

Thanks Ruger for releasing another great pistol. Boy have they been busy!!

Hitthespot and Excelerator,

Why do you prefer the SR9c to the M&P? I love my SR9c, but in considering a .40, I am torn between the M&P and the SR40c. I presume the trigger will be better on the Ruger.

Of all the major gun manufacturers I would trust Ruger the most to make a tough, resilient and reliable 10mm auto.

Wish they would...

I wouldn't say I trust them the most, as Glock has been making the 20 in 10mm for years and they are noted for being able to handle the stoutest loads available in 10mm. I would, however, love to see Ruger introduce a full size 10mm!

Hitthespot

Redbeardsong,

I can answer that. I have an SR9c and a M&P 40c. I like both but much prefer the SR9c for concealed carry. Keep in mind these are strickly my reasons. What I find as a preference many others will find a detractor.

First off I'm different than most here in that I have to have a manual safety. personal preference. So,

1) The SR9c has a smaller safety, a stronger safety to click on and off, and the safety locks the slide. The M&P safety has clicked off without me knowing, and I don't notice until I take the gun off my belt at the end of the day. Also sometimes when I place the M&P in its soft leather holster on my belt I have to be carefull not to rack the slide, even just a little which could present a problem in a emergency situation if the slide isn't completely closed. My hat is off to Ruger for locking the slide with the safety on.

My other reason for liking my SR9c better than my M&P was because I ordered the M&P and didn't realize until I got home that the one I received had no Magazine safety disconnect. Another feature I prefer that most don't. This was strickly my fault since it could have been purchased with this feature.

Now having said the above, let me also say; the M&P feels great in my hand, shoots well, and is a great looking pistol in my opinion. Ultimately you must decide what features you prefer. For me it's the SR pistols.

Eghad

It appears it was tested at Gunsite earlier and they liked it.

"the softest recoiling .40 caliber"

put me down for one!

My SR9c had one of the best triggers out of the box out of a lot of pistols I own and have tried.