SR22 Rifle? Or Archangel tac mod on a 10/22?

PoorRichRichard

So the Ruger SR22 rifle looks like a great little tatical 22, but I'm a bit put off by the price (according to my reserch- low end being around $500). I've been reading that this gun is basically a Ruger 10/22 with a factory fitted tactical stock. I can put together a 10/22 with an Archangel tactical stock for just over $300.

So are there any advantages to putting down more $ for the SR22 rifle rather than building a 10/22 with an Archangel stock?

aarondhgraham

Ruger said it all,,,

In their product overview they say:

The SR-22 Rifle places a standard 10/22 action inside a top-quality, American-Made, all-aluminum chassis that is custom manufactured to Ruger specs by Nordic Components, Inc.™

So are there any advantages to putting down more $ for the SR22 rifle rather than building a 10/22 with an Archangel stock?

I guess the only advantage is if you like the aluminum stock by Nordic.

Aarond

Hansam

For the money you would put into making a 10/22 look like an AR you could just buy something like an M&P 15-22.

True.. that's what i would do if i had to spend 3 or 400 dollars on a 10/22 to get it the way i wanted.

I already have the 10/22 so my only cost would be buying the Nomad kit. Around $130 on amazon.

mdd

Never been impressed by the archangel stocks. They don't look right to me. The sr-22 looks right. However it won't do anything that a regular 10/22 won't. As was suggested, the m&p 15 22 would be the way I'd go if i wanted a tactical 22. I go the other direction though on 22's. Give me a nice bolt gun or a used vintage model with some scars and stories. There's an old Remington pump 22 on a local classified that I'm having trouble ignoring. To each his own.

PoorRichRichard

I know a few of you have referred me to the m&p 15 22, but I've shot it, and I just don't like it. Feels cheap and I don't really like the sights. I don't know why I seem to be so attracted to the Archangel... Guess it just looks cool, and know the 10/22 is a proven platform obtainable in the low $300 range, unlike the SR22.

I have a GSG-5, and I'll be the first to admit that I have not serviced/cleaned the gun as I should have (not a good 1st gun to own- live and learn). After about 3000 rounds, it's suffered a few broken parts as well as a bad light primer strike problem. Working on fixing it, but it's been a real pain in the you-know-what! Probably going to send it back to ATI in few weeks (still under warranty) if I can't get it fixed myself. Sorry for the rant, I'm just a bit frustrated and really want a fun tacticool 22 that woks well with few problems.

I just got an Archangel AR556 stock for my 10/22. I like it so far, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet...My wife has a M&P 15-22 and I like it as well, just not as much as I like the 10/22...
1330987272.jpg