SR 80 Gold Cup Disassy Guide

carpfisher

I am looking for detailed instructions on how to disassemble my Series 80 Gold Cup. I can get down to the basics but I need to pull everything out of the trigger mechinism.
On line would be best but I'll take what ever I can get.

thanks

Greg

Model520Fan

The key to sanity when reassembling the Series 80 is to make a slave pin to hold together the sear, disconnector and Series-80 thingy when placing them in the frame. Although I suppose one could make a steel slave pin, I find that a Q-tip (paper/cardboard rod, not plastic) is easy to make and easy to work with. Of course, you have to cut to just the right length. The tendency of the paper to fray a bit is good - it helps hold the Series-80 thingy on the stack. Obviously, once you put this whole mess where it belongs, you simply push out the slave pin with the real one. You can make quite a few of these slave pins for a reasonable price (far less than a dime, I think) and keep them in every place you might need one.

carpfisher

I did the disassy and cleaning and apparently, somewhere in time, the "Series 80 Thingy" and the spring that goes with it disappeared. I have no idea how long I have been shooting it this way. I looked at the exploded view for the gun and even did a detailed study of ""The Colt .45 Automatic, A shop manual" and just can't seem to figure out how the replacement parts are supposed to go in. The shop manual says "remember how the parts are so you can for re-assy." That doesn't help if you didn't have the parts in the first place.
I have the new parts but I am stuck. Eventually I will get off the dime and get an aluminum trigger so I can loose these parts forever but until then...