Springfield's New .380 acp Pistol

deerslayer303

Looks like a P238! They have BIG shoes to fill. The Sig 238 and 938 are AWESOME! Maybe the Springer will be easier on the wallet??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JMag1

Looks like a P238! They have BIG shoes to fill. The Sig 238 and 938 are AWESOME! Maybe the Springer will be easier on the wallet??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MSRP is about a C-note less for the Springer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kreyzhorse

Nice looking gun, would love to have one, or at least a Sig or a Colt .380, but I can't justify to my self that any other would be better or easier to carry than my LCP.

batmann

Another over priced, over weight .380ACP. It’s heavier than a similar Kimber or Sig plus both the Sig and Kimber have track records.
I’m not saying it’s not a good pistol, but it weighs almost as much as my Kimber Micro 9 and it fires a better round. I don’t own a Sig, but my M9 has been faultless with any ammo and I understand the Sigs are too.
My point is only it’s as heavy and fires a lessor round than either the Sig or the Kimber, both of which are 9mm.

Model12Win

That's a sharp little blaster. It does like a P238.

Can't say I'm crazy about the name, though. Brings back memories of the twin towers for me.

mk70ss

Never seen anything but quality guns from Springfield Armory, I’m sure this will be a great little carry gun too.

TunnelRat

MSRP is about a C-note less for the Springer.

You can find the P238 for $450-$500 online. MSRPs can be helpful in gauging price but the real question is how far below MSRP will this Springfield sell for.

JMag1

You can find the P238 for $450-$500 online. MSRPs can be helpful in gauging price but the real question is how far below MSRP will this Springfield sell for.

True. Most popular guns stay closer to MSRP for longer, in my experience. Greater demand; higher the price...oftentimes. That said, as time goes by I would expect the SA pistol to sell for less than either the Sig, or the Kimber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Why does everyone mention the Sig and/or Kimber but nobody mentions the Colt Mustang, which was the first American derivative of the Star by decades?

I have always loved the design. However, I am happy with my two Pico's. Any small guns in 380 for me will have a build quality of stainless steel not aluminum. Especially since I shoot them often.

Ibmikey

Love my Star DK Pistols, carry a P 238 or P 938 have a Kimber Micro which is great....as Bill said earlier they are all updated DK’s and I do not need to buy another......but others should find it an attractive carry/ Backup piece particularly if it proves reliable and cost is reasonable.

fourbore

I have the P238 and its fine for carry and plinkng. It is accurate and fun gun to shoot. BUT! The trigger pull is too hard for me to hold and call my shots. It would get a lot more range time with a better trigger. If SA is able to combine the trigger of the 1911 range officer with the general design & quality of the P238, I will buy one. I will bring a pull gauge and that will make or break the sale.