Springfield XDS Striker Guide

Minorcan

I see several people post issues with the plastic Striker Guide in the SA XDS pistols. When I clean mine I always wonder why they made it out of plastic. I sue my XDS 45 as my EDC so want the highest reliability. Although mine hasn't broken I would like a stronger part there. Does anyone know of a source for metal Striker Guides? I see them for the XD and XDM but am having trouble finding a metal for the XDS.

g.willikers

Plastic parts are very dependable these days.
And they can help with flexing and alignment concerns.
Depending on correct applications, of course.
If you're worried how about just having a spare, just in case?

Minorcan

I buy in that reinforced plastics are strong and durable but when I see reports of one particular part breaking on my EDC it does concern me. The design of this part may not be best executed in plastic. It is very thin plastic an has a 1/8" ring around the front that breaks off jamming the striker. I would feel better if it was metal, aluminum or titanium or some sort of high tensile metal.

imabmwnut

I just bought one of these in 9mm. From what I've read a lot of them are breaking when people are taking the assembly apart. The approved method according to the XDs website is drill a hole in a block of wood. Don't remember the size. And place the striker in it and push down and turn the spacer to remove the spring. Some on the site are talking about machining metal ones. At least that's what I've read. Go to the Springfield forum and check it out.

Minorcan

No problem at all Lee. I have had mine apart for cleaning several times and haven't had any issues it's a no brainer but the part looks a little weak so would prefer a metal part.