Springfield XDS Recall Turnaround Time

Just got my XDS back from Springfield today, 11 Nov 13. I shipped it to them on 30 Aug 13, so, 73 days turnaround. Looks great, and they gave me an extended magazine for my trouble. :)

Consort

Mine went back to SA on Sept 2nd. Fedex is supposed to deliver it tomorrow. A bit longer than the original estimated time referemce of two weeks. Most owners have reported that the pistols are being returned "wet". How was yours??

skoro

Sent mine on Aug 30th and received it last Monday, Nov 4th. Took it to the range yesterday to try it out and I'm pleased. It handled all kinds of ammo w/o a hiccup.

Mine arrived clean, but certainly not wet. I gave it a good cleaning and lube after the range session. It's now part of my carry rotation.

Yeah, mine was wet, too. Ran a boresnake through the bore and wiped it down with a rag impregnated with Eezox. Should be good to go, but since the weather went from the 60s to the teens, I'm not terribly anxious to try it out yet.;)

Mannlicher

I have two, and probably won't send them off until after the first of the year. Want to get the stampede out of the way.
I still have not heard of a credible report of an XDS malfunctioning.

Consort

Disappointment

O.K. Fedex guy dropped my XDs .45 off this afternoon. Dry fired it 50+ times with a Tipton snap cap and noticed a VERY gritty trigger. Cleaned it up and removed all the "goo" that SA put on it. Applied Weapon Shield then went to the range with 300 rounds of Fiocchi 230 gr. fmj. The verdict? Crap. The pistol used to have a nice, smooth trigger action. The break is nowhere near the way it used to be and the reset leaves a whole lot to be desired. A decent shooter and ccw pistol has been transformed into something that I do not wish to carry/trust any longer. For those of you who currently own one that you are satisfied with, think twice before you send it back for "upgrading".

Last edited:

arizona98tj

Mine went back to SA and is back. It picked up a little over 1 pound on the trigger pull, per my electronic gauge. While that is certainly heavier than I like, it is smooth....which it was not before. There are no reliability issues after burning 200 rounds at the range. I've put it back into CCW use. If you are interested in addressing the increased trigger pull issue yourself, check out the xdtalk forum site, and look over the "post-recall-trigger-reducing-pull-weight" which might be of help.

Consort

I could live with the increased weight in the trigger pull. The grittiness in the trigger action is my concern. Another concern: the trigger safety seems to bind as well.... at least once per magazine. (four different mags). Thinking that it might have been operator error, I let our range officer have a go with it. Same results/opinion that I had. For the moment, I have returned to my Kahr for ccw. The XDs 3.3 will most likely be traded toward something else in the near future.:(

stmcelroy

Sounds like they messed something up in yours.

I still need to send mine in but will hold off until things speed up. Can't really be without it for months and still make XDS holsters.