Springfield XDs and +P??

Big Calhoun

So went out and picked up the XD .45 Tatical today. I love the way it feels in my end...still getting used to this Safety Trigger thing though. Anywho, picked up a box of range ammo and a box of defense ammo. Get home and find out he gave me 185gr +p for the defense ammo. Looking through the fulfillment stuff that came with the XD, I don't see anything one way or another concerning shooting +P. Anyone with one of the XDs know if it's a good idea?

Either way, worse comes to worse, the HK has another box of ammo. But dang, I don't feel like going back out...

Patton21

+P is within SAMMI specs, the xd is within SAMMI specs, therefor the xd can fire +P ammo. The only side note is that +P ammo wears your gun down faster.

Big Calhoun

Thanks! I'm hoping to pick up an extra magazine this weekend and use that for the range. I've gotten into the habit of buying third magaines for my pistols so I don't cycle or have to unload my defensive loads. Looking forward to breaking her in tonight. Thanks again!

poortrader

+ pressure.

If you're only occasionally feeding your XD with +P's, you won't have a problem.You should shoot a couple of them to make sure that the HP's will feed properly.