Springfield XDs 9mm

Captains1911

I'm a Glock shooter and fan, always have been and probably will be, but their failure to offer a single stack sub-compact has forced me elsewhere. I've carried a Ruger LC9 on and off for almost 2 years now, and although it carries well, it is one snappy SOB. So I picked up an XDs 9mm Friday, took it out yesterday, and after 150 rounds I may be in love. The size and weight are prefect IMO, small enough to easily and comfortably conceal, but big and heavy enough to shoot VERY well. I am usually unable to shoot sub-compacts well with my pincky finger hanging off the end of the grip, but with the XDs I have no trouble at all. The trigger feels very similar to a Glock, maybe a bit lighter. I put three different types of ammo through it, no issues at all. All in all I could not be happier with this gun, and I'm usually hard to please.

Last edited:

dayman

I have the .45 version and love it. I hadn't heard that the 9mm was out yet, but now that it is I may need to look into finding one.

Though if I buy another gun this year, I'll just wind up needing to sell all of them to pay for a divorce attorney, so maybe I'll wait.

Pico

Wanting one bad

Just saw the .45 in our gun show and am amazed at the size it is. CCW guns are the hottest market segment now.

Pico

Unfortunately for Glock fans, there hasn't been much improvement over the original G17 design. Many of their die-hard fans have been clamoring for a single-stack 9mm for years, while the only real improvement, outside of their 15 shot 10mm, has been something of an improvement over their sloppy chambers in their .40 S&W chambered pistols.

Some might question the integrity of a pistol manufactured in Croatia, but IMO, several improvements were made with the original HS-2000 as well as the Steyr M-series designed by Willy Bubbits that were rejected by Glock. The locking system that Glock employs was copied from SIG/Sauer and the original polymer framed polymer pistol was the H&K VP70z. Forget about the trigger safety because that was pioneered over 100 years ago by manufacturers of double-action revolvers in the US.

Since Gaston's retirement, all his kids have sought to do was to make an even more inexpensive way to manufacture a pistol that is already overpriced when you consider the cost of injection molding of polymer. The introduction of MIM parts and supposedly better ejector's has only led to brass to the face issues. S&W M&P pistols are easily better as is the newer XDm's from the Croations. But, I'm proud to say that the best striker-fired polymer framed pistols today are being produced in Prescott, AZ, by Ruger. ;)

Consort

The XDs 9mm's are starting to hit the shelves here in the Cleveland area. Saw some (black barrels) available last week for $ 569.00. The 45 acp versions were going for $ 529.00 in black while the bi-tone versions were priced at $ 549.00.

Vermonter

xds 9mm

I am picking up a 9mm Bitone friday evening for $570 otd. I so wanted the Beretta Nano to be the solution but it was not. Excited to see what this little guy can do.

Regards, Vermonter

champ198

i shot the XDs 45 just after it came out at a gun shop and i was suprised at the little ammount of recoil it had for a 45. now that the 9mm is out i might have to start doing some searching.

arizona98tj

I picked up a XDs45 several months ago. After several hundred rounds of least 5 different loads through it, it moved my PM9 out of the primary carry slot. :D The XDs45 is a great shooter. The nice thing about the XDs9 is no difference in size so holsters are interchangeable. Nice way to save some serious cash if you plan on getting the other caliber.