Springfield XDs 3.3 45acp

Technosavant

There's another thread around here about it.

If you're a 1911 lover, I'm not sure what the XDS would give you that a subcompact 1911 won't. The subcompact 1911s are right at the same size (a skosh bigger, not not by so much that it hurts concealment... if you can't hide a 3" 1911, you won't be hiding the XDS either), the same weight or slightly less (29 oz. for the XDs, 28 oz. for my Sig 1911 Ultra), and holds more ammo (6-7 rounds as opposed to 5). The XDS is likely to be less expensive, but probably won't be THAT much cheaper than S&W or Sig subcompacts (and will be more than the RIA subcompact).

Interesting gun, but by the numbers I think it's likely lacking. Not significantly smaller, no lighter, probably only slightly less expensive (unless they really surprise me with the price). IMO, it's good for folks who love the .45ACP but aren't into the 1911 platform.

kayakersteve

@techno-It would not replace my 1911's if I end up buying one, but would augment my collection.:D It seems like a well designed and thought out gun, but the real world trials will tell the truth since most gun manufacturers short the R&D to get things to the market. I will not be the first to buy it - In other words.

KyJim

I mostly carry 1911s, dress permitting; but I have always been leery about a three inch barrel in one. If the Springfield is reliable, it might be a viable option even for folks like me.

Roman556

@KyJim

I agree. This a smart move for Springfield. Guys that carry full size 45's are always looking for a warm weather option but hate having to drop down to a small caliber.

tahunua001

I'm pretty partial to XDs and neither of my XDM45s have failed me but pocket guns just dont appeal to me for some reason. I believe that this gun will get a rough and bumpy start but it should hopefully get it's foot in the door and pave the way for XD pocketguns in other calibers.

I'm still waiting for an XDM22 :D

LockedBreech

The reason I like this over 3"-barrel 1911s is that 3" 1911s are notorious for reliability concerns. I would trust a compact .45 like this XDs or Glock's 36 over a 1911 in that size.

Bamashooter

I'll stick with my pt-145. At least it holds 10rds. in the mag and isnt much bigger than the springfield. 5+1 in the chamber. I dont know if I could do that or not. Since its a .45, maybe.