Springfield XDM-10 4.5

Sgt Pepper

I.
Love.
This.
Gun.

Okay, so that is not a Haiku, but I have to come out and post to say that I have found the new Springfield Armory XDM-10mm to be a fantastic pistol. Accurate, controllable, and just plain fun. I have a lot of experience in the past with the XD-45, and found that I really, really shot that model well. The Glock 20/21 is too large feeling in my hand, although in shooting, I handled them fine and tended to be fairly precise. But I never shot the Glock 20/21 as well as the XD-45, and the same can be said now for the XDM-10mm. I have a bit of experience with 10mm, mostly with various Colt Delta Elites, and I can say that I have finally found a 10mm platform that I just love. Thanks Springfield Armory.

You can thank Marko Vuković from Croatia for designing the XD.

These guns were manufactured and sold in Croatia by HS Produkt as the HS2000. Today they are still manufactured by HS Produkt in Croatia then imported by Springfield under their name. Seems a lot of people don’t know this and just assume these are American made guns because they are from Springfield when no part of the gun is from America or Springfield Armory.

Glad you found a gun you like and I too am quite fond of 10mm and plan to add a 10mm pcc to my aresenal at some point this year to compliment my 2 10mm pistols.

Isk

I picked one of these up a couple weeks ago now (same model). I've only put about 100 rounds through it, but it was very manageable. It ran without a hitch, Buffalo Bore (hardcasts), Underwood, Hornady. I've shot a Glock 20 and the recoil felt more comfortable in the XDM, but that's probably just because I can get a better grip on the XDM.

It's really a nice, light gun that's easy to carry and shoot. I've been really impressed.

armednfree

I bought an HS 2000 when they first came in the country, before Springfield came out with the XD. I think it was $179. Springfield came out with it with fanfare like it was all new, and seriously jacked the price up.

Sgt Pepper

The recoil is similar to the Glock. The physics are the physics. That being said, I shoot better with the XD because its grip suits me more particularly if I want to go fast.