Springfield XD9 Subcompact

Siggy-06

I'm finally coming off my revolver binge. I have 2 poly semis at the moment: A Glock 23 and a HK USP. I had a S&W shield for a while and it was alright, but prefer my 642 for easy ccw. Looking to get a subcompact double stack now and have been looking at the springfield line. I can get the xd9 sub. essential package for $350. Any pros or cons to this particular gun? Feels pretty good and now they just released the mod 2 version as well. Thoughts?

Cheapshooter

I have the XD9 Sub Compact's big brother, XD40 Sub, for a cold weather carry gun. It has been a very good gun. Reliable, and plenty accurate at norman SD range. Being a double stack 40, it can be a bit bulky for good concealment in hot weather when wearing light clothing. But it is comfortable to carry IWB in a Theis Holsters Hybrid IWB holster.

foxytwo

I have a XD9C and a XD40SC and I like them both. Carry IWB with them and have no trouble concealing them. They have over 3000 rounds through them with no problem.

jasmith85

I personally am not a fan of the XD, but I will say that they get the job done. I did not have a single malfunction out of the two that I have owned. My problem with them is that I just do not like the feel of the trigger and recoil always seems worse to me in an XD compared to other polymer guns. Both of my complaints are subjective though, so they should be taken with a grain of salt.

cryption

I have Glocks, Sigs, and XD - as well as others like Taurus and Baretta. The XD is my favorite of the platforms. I use an XD9sc like you are looking at as my IDPA gun. It has been through hell and back and is still a great shooter. Out of the box the XD has the best factory trigger.

I usually pocket carry so the XD isn't my EDC, but I can keep it IWB when I do.

lee n. field

I can get the xd9 sub. essential package for $350. Any pros or cons to this particular gun? Feels pretty good and now they just released the mod 2 version as well. Thoughts?

If you're comfortable with the size, get it. Despite the "subcompact" in the name, it's not the equivalent of the baby Glocks.

tahunua001

the only con, if you can all it one, is that due to the grip safety, you can't rack the slide without your hand on the grip... I don't know why you would ever want to, but it's about the only gripe you hear from people that don't like their XDs.

joe-lumber

Xd sub

I used my XDSC 9 when I was qualifying for my carry license. Like both the SC and the 4" model. Both very accurate and never a miss in firing.

AFK

My XD9SC is my night stand gun and it is in my carry rotation. I carry it in a Don Hume OWB holster and it conceals just fine. I did add a PRP trigger kit to it and I love the feel of it. Very very accurate little gun. I have a few thousand rounds through it and I have had one malfunction and that was operator error. I have complete faith in this little gun and trust my life to it.