• XD40

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Beretta 9000

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • other (please list)

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

jlwatts3

What would you guys choose for everyday carry? Springfield XD subcompact in .40 cal or Beretta 9000 (also .40)? And why? Anyone had any problems with either?

Alaskanmonte

I have a XD subcompact in 9mm and its been perfect. No FTF or FTE at all ( I have about 1000 rounds through it), and for such a small sight radius I shoot it really well. In fact I think I shoot it as well as my service model XD. As far as the .40 caliber in XD, I have no first hand knowledge shooting it. But as a whole, I like the XD line of pistols.

BusGunner007

My unqualified, unabashed, ********ed opinion at this moment is:

NEITHER! :D

They're both ugly as sin.
The Beretta 9000 is 'questionable' in it's reliability, plus it's FAT and a PITA to grip the slide.
The XD-40 is butt-ugly, period. I have no idea how it works in .40.

I WOULD, however, promote the Beretta MiniCougar 'D' I've seen on the internet in 9mm.
It is a 'slickslide' version and is just a helluva good looking pistol.
It is reportedly extremely reliable and 'hot 9mm' might do the trick.
Of course, there are .40's in the 'D' version to be had, but harder to find. That's one I'd look for.

Sorry I don't have a better response for you tonight. :eek: :)

SIGLOCKAUR

The Beretta 9000 has a horrible trigger. Terrible ergonomics and has not been a commercial success for Beretta because of these issues. They are not known for being terribly accurate either. The XD's are much more ergonomic, have better triggers, and just fine weapons. I've shot both. XD hands down.

Wynterbourne

If you're determined to select either the SA-XD or the Beretta 9000, do yourself a favor and get the XD. You won't be sorry.

Dogjaw

As far as looks, it's the last thing to consider in a self defense weapon. They all look ugly from the wrong end of the barrel, and that's the point. Function and reliability is what you want. I've got the XD 9 sub also. Not a problem with it. I load mine with Gold Dot 124+p for self defense and carry it in a FIST K1 kydex holster. I emailed the factory to verify, and it's rated for +p and +p+ ammo. It also has a lifetime warranty.

Marcus

I voted for the XD. If I hadn`t found my Kahr P-40 I`d be using an XD-40 SCP right now. That said I`m kinda glad it didn`t come in before I found the Kahr. I like it`s thinner cross section and full 3 finger grip better than the XD-SCP. It actually carries better than my P-11. The Beretta 9000 is chunky enough you might as well just carry a 92F. :rolleyes: Marcus

sigs4me

Xd!!

I agree with alaskan here. I own an XD-9 and it is a great weapon and shoots dead on. I am very impressed for a 3". It feels great in the hands too. :D