springfield xd

jlj676

thinking of making my next purchase a springfield xd, any inputs on this gun, found one used for $450 at my local gun store

mustang66maniac

Best gun I've ever shot. I absolutely love my XD. :D It feels great in my hand, shoots so naturally and IMO its really pretty. I've had it for a little over a month now and put about 750 rounds through it, no problems yet.

DSCN5914.jpg

chris in va

Fire a few first. They come in all flavors and calibers now. Make sure it fits your hand and you can shoot it 'naturally'.

If you like it, get it!

Beentown71

No complaints with mine. Had it for a good bit now with no issues other than not enough rounds thru it yet (probably 700 or so).

Beentown

P.S. as for the price...The gun shop I go to has them for much cheaper new. $419 for a service model. Well heck here is there flyer... Maybe a bit of searching and you could get one on the cheap.

http://www.vancesshooterssupplies.com/flyer/flyer.pdf

Good luck and happy shooting,

Beentown

Last edited:

spoolup

I agree they are great guns. We now own 6 of them, 2 45s, 2 40s, 2 9s. I gave the girl a day at the range borrowing and or renting anything we could find. I was glad when she picked the XD. Ended up getting her a 9SC and XDm9 for Christmas.

The old faimly
XDm9
her carry gun

wstein

I have the XD40 4" is it a great gun, fits my hand very naturally. I am shooting it very well at the range.

TimNelson

I have the .40 in 4" and the wife has the 9 in the subcompact. I really enjoy shooting both and although 450 is not a great price its not a bad one either

I have a subcompact .40 and a Service 9mm. Both are excellent pistols. No matter what you end up paying for it there will be someone here to tell you that you paid too much. $450 is not too bad IMO. You want it, get it.

tjhands

Depending on what condition the XD is in, $450 may be a very good deal.

I bought an XD Tactical in LNIB condition and three 13-round mags for $440 out the door. Great price. :)

Terry A

Awesome pistol

My XD-45 is the one gun I would pick if I could only have one gun.

The only thing I wish was different was the long take up and trigger re-set, but I got used to it quickly. Super reliable (feeds anything) and durable. Howie Long would approve of this as a "manly gun'! Also, it just looks great!
I'm very satisfied and content with this pistol.

.45 compact. Love it so far. Shoots like a dream. Only had it a couple of weeks with probably around 300 rounds through it. Had one snafu last night after cleaning it. Put the guide rod in a little crooked and the gun didn't like it. Pay attention when reassembling!

Warchild

Seems like the XD is simply the flavor of the month. Had one a couple of years ago... they are what people say they are but they are not revolutionizing firearms or reinventing the gun as some would have you believe.

Mandrake

Never fired one myself but I know a couple guys that got them and they seem to really love them.
Hasnt been out long enough to know about combat reliability but so far it looks promising.

:DI've had my XD45 (Service 4") for a few years and appreciate it. It was my first plastic pistol. I had tried others, including Glocks, and the ergonomics did nothing for me. However, the XD fit me perfectly. At the range, it's stone reliable with anything I can jam in the magazine, even the musch maligned Wolf steel cased stuff.
It is not a target pistol...wasn't meant to be. What it does is give the user 14 rounds of .45ACP without a reload.
It is my nightstand gun. The loaded chamber indicator and cocked indicator are great in the dark.
It's a keeper.
Oh, yes, I've got a few 1911s and Sigs; the XD isn't either one of those. It is what it is and does what it does, and you can't ask for any more.

Seems like the XD is simply the flavor of the month. Had one a couple of years ago... they are what people say they are but they are not revolutionizing firearms or reinventing the gun as some would have you believe.

Haven't heard this before....:rolleyes:

Seems like the XD has been flavor of the month for the past several YEARS...

ComradeBurg

I love my XD.

I have the .45 Compact and use it as my carry gun. It's bloody sweet to shoot. It has a very nice trigger, it's almost idiot proof (no manual safety), and holds 10 + 1 rounds.

It's also very good about feeding almost any ammunition I feed it. I also love the ergonomics of the gun. The magazine and slide release can both be operated without moving your hand from the firing position, and the angle of the grip is very natural for me.

Also the tear down is easy as can be. One lever flipped and the slide pulls off. The entire gun can be disassembled in ten seconds. It's the kind of simplicity I like in a gun.