Springfield XD Mod2.....Something New

SIMP

Very Interesting....

http://www.springfield-armory.com/resources/features/xd-mod-2/

Gripzone-gun.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle Malice

Wow. That is interesting. I'm curious to see what the new service size models look like.

It would be nice if they did something with the trigger to give a more distinctive break instead of just a roll through.

lee n. field

So that's what it is. Interesting.

I wonder how much parts comparability there is with the V.1.

And, kind of like when the XDM came out, not enough difference with the original to make me want to sell off and get the new.

Last edited:

Mrgunsngear

XD(s) are very good guns and I carry an XDS all the time BUT....

The two major 'issues' with the gun IMO is the high bore axis and the grip safety. I was hoping they'd do something about that but nope. Maybe in the Mod3

Evil Monkey

So they have the XD sub-compact, the XDM sub-compact, and now the XD mod2 sub-compact.

Same size, capacity, etc.

What the hell is the point? I hate companies like this. Every few years they come out with some stupid "improvement", and often times proprietary design that offers nothing over a previous model. SIG and Taurus are also known to abide by this retarded marketing strategy.

Uncle Malice

So they have the XD sub-compact, the XDM sub-compact, and now the XD mod2 sub-compact.

Same size, capacity, etc.

What the hell is the point? I hate companies like this. Every few years they come out with some stupid "improvement", and often times proprietary design that offers nothing over a previous model. SIG and Taurus are also known to abide by this retarded marketing strategy.

There is no XDM subcompact. This is the 'new version' of the XD sub-compact.

Shotgun Slim

Ok,so they've changed the frame a little bit and added some snarky stippling to the grip and best of all there is now a fiber optic front sight.Seem like decent mods to a proven platform.

damienph

I have an older XD40 Service model and an XD9C Sub Compact. They are both very accurate handguns. I am looking forward to trying the new M2 series. I don't care for the "Grip Zone" written on the grip (I am pretty sure that I know what "zone" to grip it in) but I like the overall looks of the pistol.

I have a Gen 2 Glock G22 and it's a very good pistol but the XDs just feel better to me. I do like the rounded trigger guard on the Mod 2 pistol as well.

damienph

XD-9 Sub Compact

eh, maybe the "C" (for Compact) doesn't belong there. It is an XD-9 Sub Compact serial number US83015X.

IdahoG36

When I saw the Mod 2 for the first time, it immediately made me think that Springfield took some notes from Hk on the stippling pattern. It looks a lot like the stippling pattern on a VP9 or P30S.

I have always liked the XD lineup, but I have never been a fan of the SC models. I might look at the Mod 2 just to check it out in person, and see if the updates make any real difference.

buckfynn

Wow how did Springfield muck up the XD look so fast. It has be the ugliest new pistol on the market.
And that "grip zone" imprinted on the grip has got to go. What the heck are they thinking?

IdahoG36

I agree. The large GRIP ZONE banner is pretty tacky looking. IMO, they should have textured the circumference of the grip rather than just the front and back. I also do not like the lines of the pistol, where the raised portion of the slide meets the frame near the muzzle. That just plain doesn't flow with the overall look, and sticks out like a sore thumb.

ranchito457

So for the last month I've been going back and forth between the XDS 4.0 and the XDM 3.8 compact for a new carry gun,Finally I was leaning more twords the XDM compact when I see this.Back to the start I guess:)

jad0110

Well, it certainly won't win any beauty contests when sitting next to something like a Hi Power, but that isn't the point of it.

OTH ... I guess the lawyers felt the need to add the "Grip Zone" label to prevent lawsuits from dopes grabbing it at the business end? :confused:

Maybe they need to label that end too. :p