Springfield P-9

longship

Who can tell me about the overall quality and function of Springfield Armory's P-9 9x19 pistol? I've heard it's basically a CZ-75 clone, buy you know how rumors are.... Thanks.

Dfariswheel

High quality. The P9 was a CZ-75 clone made by Tanfoglio in Italy, and finished out by Springfield. The one I had was great, sure wish I hadn't let it get away.
The Witness, offered by EAA is a newer version, also made by Tanfoglio.
I'd buy another in a minute.

Peter M. Eick

Mine is a springfield p9 ultra. It is a 40 s&w with a long slide and barrel (6") and is ported but not comped. It has a very very good trigger in both DA/SA. (It compares very favorably with my Baer's). The finish and fit is superb. It is reasonably accurate, but the fit of the barrel in the frame is a bit loose. This spring I am going to put a new barrel in it and get it "worked" over to improve the accuracy. Very light recoiling also.

I own a witness and a cz, and would say the p9 is closer to the cz97b in terms of fit and finish then the witness by a long stretch.

To bad that springfield is no longer making them.

If I ever see another p9ultra (40) in like new condition, I will buy it on the spot. It is to good of a gun to only have one.

eerw

What a great gun...I loved mine..sold it, wish I had it back..I used mine for ipsc..had it coverted to 9x21...for some reason I liked it a whole lot better than the Tangfolio version. You could get a great single action trigger on them too..miss that gun..

sousana

I've got 2 S/A P-9's, one is blued and the other is stainless. Both are GREAT shooter, once I had a trigger job done on them they have perfomed flawlessly through thousands of rounds of ammo. I'd never trade either one.

sousana

I actually sent my P-9's into Springfields custom shop for their trigger jobs and they fitted the custom Bar-Sto barrels.

sousana

Peter, the turnaround was actually one of the most surprising parts, from the time they signed for the package and I signed for them, was only 4 weeks. The guns came back beautifull. Work like dreams. I'm going to have them sent off to Wilson Combat for an Armor-Tuff coating soon. Overall, I'm more than pleased with Springfields custom work and would have no problem using them again.

Peter M. Eick

Ok, I am convinced. I get an email off to them and get a rough quote for the work and see how I fit into the timing.

Thanks for the advice.

sousana

Peter, I will add, a while back I purchased 3 Springfield "loaded" 1911A1's, 1 parkerized, 1 blued and 1 stainless. Within 3 magazines all lost their rear sights. I called Springfield, they provided an RMA and their FEDEX account number, I got all three guns back in less than 2 weeks and they replaced the sights with night sights and included 2 8 round mags for each gun. I would say, that contrary to some peoples comments, Springfields always done right with me.

Peter M. Eick

Springfield no longer will work on the p9. They suggested EGW instead and EGW and I have been emailing on the details. Very nice folks at EGW!

Thanks again.