Springfield Armory to Make New M1 Carbines?

Dr45ACP

This is a two parter:

First, I saw a reference in another thread that SA is going to start producting new M1 Carbines... anybody else heard this?

Second, I once heard of a conversion of M1 Carbine to 45 win magnum which kind of sounded like a neat idea... is this a feasible idea? Would anyone be interested in it? If so, maybe we need to E mail Springfield...

[Edited by Dr45ACP on 01-04-2001 at 09:35 PM]

DUDE

yes Springfield Armory is going to make new M1-Carbines and M1-Garands, i E-Mail them 3 and got 3 back and they said the the M1-Carbines and new M1-Garands will be out in the fall of 2001. and they said that at this time there is no pricing on them. but if the new M1-Carbine is from $400 to $600 i would pay it for a all new Springfield Armory GI Carbine.

Tshoes

Springfield

Dr.45 ACP,
Springfield has scrapped plans to build the little .30,I believe, because the bureau has stopped allowing in old military U S surplus parts.
So, there goes the source for a lot of the goodies....
On your second question, they, (not Springfield), another company did a few of these a couple of years back, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of these in a long while.....

DUDE

thats now what Springfield Armory told me, i have an E-Mail from two weeks back and it said that the and still going to make the new M1-Carbines.

DUDE

E-Mail that i got today from Springfield Armory today,

At the present time, production, for both M1 Garands and M1 Carbine rifles, is scheduled for late fall of 2001.

Springfield Inc.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 10:57 PM
To: deb
Subject: Re: Production: