SPRINGFIELD ARMORY SAR-8

KML

Has anybody seen the new SAR-8's?Do they have the right number of US made parts to have the pistolgrip stock or do they have the thumbhole stock?What are they selling for?I would guess the same as a M1A.How do they compare to the HK91 and other clones.

Thanks
KEVIN

Nukem

They sell for about $1200, about $600 too much. They are the same as a FA G3. They have the same problems as the FA G3 clones also. The "old" SAR-8 were much better rifles.

KML

Thanks guy's.I was leaning towards a FAL,because of price and the price of 20rd mags.

Kevin

9mmepiphany

another vote for the fal clone, have one built on the imbel if you can, and don't mind the type 3 receiver.

if you can swing the additional funds, dsa is the way to go. the dsa isn't really a fal clone, except in the literal sense, but should be considered IMHO a true american made fal

ohen cepel

There is a new Springfield here in GA that I think you could get for less than 1K. Looks to be good quality.
Has the pistol grip and a compensator on it. The receiver is blocky with a flatter top for a scope, still has iron sites.

Much better than any of the other '91 clones I have seen!

I'm real partial to the SAR-8 since I have a preban and love it.

I like it more than most stuff out there since I'm confident that Springfield will stand behind it. For the money I would get the Springfield. (Assuming you get it for a K or less)