Springfield Armory M1-A

DEC

I am thinking about getting rid of my Springfield Armory M1-A. It is a pre-ban that has a glass-bedded walnut stock and National Match sights. It has about 2k rounds through it and will shoot sub MOA. The reason I want to get rid of it is because I don't have the time or finances to shoot Highpower anymore. Does anyone know what a good asking price is (I have two 20 round mags also)? I live in Central PA and would like to sell it locally. Do I need to go through a FFL or can I sell it privately?

orsogato

DEC

I am PA resident as well. and may be interested in rifle.

What kind of Barrel is on it?

New M1A with a standard barrel go for about 1250 bucks

Ones with a Stainless match barrel (I think made by either Hart or Krieger) go for around 1400 new.

with a couple thousand rounds through it, you have got a little use out of it but it should shoot at least around 9 to 10k before it needs rebarrled.

However I know if you take back to a dealer you never get great resales out of your guns.

well let me know what you are thinking of getting out of it.

DEC

orsogato,

It has a standard barrel, but it will shoot with my Dad's Super Match. What part of PA do you live? I am in the Harrisburg area. I am wanting about $900 for it. If you did want it, can I sell it to you directly or do we have to go through a FFL? Thanks. You can e:mail me directly at dwight_cale@prea.com.