Springfield Armory Garrison

Rob228

Saw one of these for $750 today and was very tempted. My two current 1911s are a S&W Operator (put in an Ed Brown MSH and a standard length guide rod) and a very early S&W 1911Sc (before it changed to PD). With my current budget, and .45 ammo not being very price friendly I can't quite justify it, but it LOOKS (can't confirm) like they've taken all the usual complains out of a Springfield 1911 and put out a decent pistol at a decent price.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/1911-garrison-handguns/

hubris

I still prefer my SS Loaded, plus it has ambi thumb safety. After breaking my 'strong side' wrist there are days I can't use that hand thus the ambi is essential.

Rob228

My operator has an ambi safety but for EDC (I don't EDC a 1911 anymore) I actually prefer a non-ambi, might just be me but in 4-6 O'clock IWB carry I found the safety disengaged quite a bit with an ambi, where with the regular safety in a Milt Sparks Summer II it never came disengaged. YMMV

ks_wayward_son

I just became informed of this new 1911 recently and I thought to myself "I hope they also turn out a "commander fun size". :D

Seriously, it looks like it would be awesome as a commander, BUT with a proper bushing (a.k.a Ronin) and none of that Range Officer captured bushing nonsense.