Springfield Armory 1911

Katfish Kern

I purchased this gun a few years ago from a buddy in a jam. I gave a couple hundred dollars for it, but havent been able to find an accurate price for this particular 1911. Any Ideas??

GO VOLS

Attachments

• P2210091.jpg
    P2210091.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 229

rlong5

You probably already know this, but a few searches on GunBroker and AuctionArms might be helpful. You'll want to see what actual bid/sale prices have been, not the asking prices that are getting no bids.

KC Rob

Throw in the dog and I will take it off your hands for $300. :D

Seriously though, a little more info would help, namely model number, age, etc. I can't find one with that type of finish on their website so I assume that is an older model or a custom job.

Last edited:

Katfish Kern

I checked out those websites, but the images that were provided were 1911's but not they did not look like the model I have. Also they prices seem really high. I only paid $200.00 for this gun. And the prices that I saw were all over $800.00. I know they are good guns...but I dont seem to fall into many deals like that.

TheClown

If you send the serial number to Springfield Armory, they can tell you model and manufacture date. That should help you get a more accurate value.

wolfe 21

looks like someone took a parkerized full-size loaded pistol and polished the grip frame and safeties to give it a duo-tone look. I honestly think it would be worth less in its modified condition, but I like the parkerized. Either way seems like a good deal when new ones are around $750 and my local shop can't get or keep them.

Chard

Rear cocking serrations and none up front tell me it is a mil-spec model with some additional work done to it. Front strap checkering, BT grip safety, Novaks, chrome or nickel frame.