Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec Parkerized

xrageofangelsx

I just purchased a Springy 1911 Mil-Spec parkerized for $509 for my best friend's wedding. I hope he enjoys it (note: I did not pay for it all, his fiance' bruted most of the green). What are they going for in your area? :confused:

Jim Watson

Why?
The gun is bought, what does the price in other stores in other areas matter?
Just curious, I think the Internet Price Check is kind of peculiar.

Seraph

What a great gift that would be, to receive from your best man and bride. Way to go, xrageofangelsx. :cool:

Spriggan02

I just recently bought the same pistol. I've put about 500 rounds though the gun. Are you having feeding problems? I had my local gunsmith look at it and he polished the extractor and changed the recoil spring. Im just wondering if you guys are having the problem.

thanks

xrageofangelsx

I can't be the first post-purchase person to shoot it, it would spoil it for him, I think. Anyway, I'll let you know in about a month or so. Thanks!

HighValleyRanch

I'd like to see the wedding crowds faces when that present was open.

Did they "register" their list with the gun store along with pottery barn and Macy's? :p

xrageofangelsx

Edward429451

Whew, that is a good deal. If all the other gun prices in Colorado are that cheap, it must not be a bad place to live! I'll admit though, I haven't been to CO since I was about 12 and it was to go to Cripple Creek with my parents. I had a blast but I also had a lot of nosebleeds.

Edward429451

There's a lot of competition in the marketplace in Colorado for guns. Most places will order/sell guns for 10% over dealer cost. My Bushy XM15 E2S was 798. out the door. :)

Everything else is through the roof as far as cost of living goes though.

xrageofangelsx

Another store I went to could not seem to order it because it was allocated. The stainless was about 70 more dollars. Not worth it in my opinion.