Springer XD, Glock 17, Kahr K9 and High Power

Richard

I went shooting with 1911 MagMonger (Larry) today and I truly enjoyed myself. Larry is a member of the 1911 Board and he brought his brand new 9mm Springfield XD and I showed up with my Glock 17, stainless Kahr K9, and FN/FM high Power. For those that do not know this FN/FM high Power is known as “The Bastard”. Why The Bastard? The reason is this pistol was a FM High Power and a pain in the ass to get going, I blew the frame, and Alex Hamilton put it back together using a FN frame.

XD:
pop_wm_501681.jpg

Glock 17:
ed4a2924.jpg

The Bastard:
eee9fb00.jpg

Kahr 9:
faacf2ad.jpg

As usual for me all shooting was done at 7-10 yards. 1911 MagMonger shot his Springfield XD well but he did better with my Glock 17. Larry also shot my Kahr K9, doing nicely, but he was apprehensive of a pistol without a safety. Strangely, his fears were not constant when it came to the XD and Glock. Larry seemed to like The Bastard but it choked a couple of times on him. I am not sure if the chokes were due to the ammo (Winchester White Box) or Larry’s hold.

In my case I did my best with my Glock 17 followed by The Bastard, and my Kahr 9. Sadly, my worst shooting was with Larry’s XD; I wonder if it is due to it being a new weapon or the Glock’s 3 ½ pound trigger.

Regards,
Richard:D

Last edited:

ActivShootr

I had the same problem with my xd. Seemed it got worse with age (of the pistol). Have you encountered any problems with the k9? I'm thinking of buying one and I am trying to get as much info/input as possible. Thanks.

OldShooter

Xd9sc

When I first got my XD I couldn't shoot it well at all. I thought it might be me, maybe it was. Now after maybe 400 rounds through it I am knocking down the steel plates with amazing regularity. Maybe it just needed to break in. I'm happy with it.

Richard

I own two Kahr 9s and two Kahr 40s, all have been flawless after 200 rounds. Why 200 rounds? That is the recommended break in period and I did have bobbles during the break in period on all four Kahrs.

I have shot XDs in the past and shot them better than Glocks but not this time.

Regards,

Richard:D