Sprinco vs Harrts recoil reducer

kidcoltoutlaw

is one any better than the other for a p229 357 sig ? does anybody make anything like it for a hk uspc i dont see how it could be done the way the hk is made ? for what ever caliber is one that much better than the other,thanks,keith

Coug

I have one of the sprincos for my 229. It is great if you want to practice malfunction drills (40). The slide tends to not have enough "oomph" to get the 40 into battery. I doubt the same malfunction would occur with a 357 as the bullet diameter would seem to not allow the same type of problem I had with the 40. I have yet to try it with my 357 bbl. FWIW the sprinco does diminish recoil noticeably, the benefit is, in my opinion, not worth the sacrafice in reliability. I will not have it installed when I go to work. The stock setup is actually very good. -Coug

kidcoltoutlaw

i have the harrt's just wondering if the sprincos was that much better .it helps with hot 357 loads.for some reason my hands slip apart when shooting hot 357 loads.they dont when i shoot 454 or 44 mag.must be a pistol thing.got a friend that told me to slip the little finger of my shooting hand between my index and middle fingers of my non shooting hand and it wont slip.well he is right.a lot of people say they dont have that problem.1 they dont shoot hot handloads and 2 they hold the gun so tight they shake.me i am relaxed when i shoot and a pretty good shot to boot.the recoil just slows me down for a second shot like in a idpa match.the 40 has no recoil beside my 357 sig loads,thanks,keith

Jeff OTMG

The Sprinco and Harrts are completely different. I have more than a dozen of the Sprinco units as well as a few Harrts. I use the Sprinco untis in both my P229 (.40) and P229 Sport (.357) and I am happy with the way they work. I started with the Harrts, but changed to the Spinco in the P229. The best thing about the Sprinco is that you can buy it and run it in your gun for 30 days, if you don't like it send it back for a full refund.

The Harrts unit does not reduce the slide velocity at all, as the Sprinco does, it reduces the upward flip of the muzzle. The work best on a larger bore pistol with a longer barrel, like a 1911 Govt or a SIG P220. Harrts do not work at all in compensated guns.

On a P229 I would recommend the Sprinco.