Spotting Scope strength for 17HM2/223

Lunker

I am looking to buy a spotting scope because the holes my CZ452 in 17HM2 makes are too darn small to see at 100 yards, even with the scope sometimes. I have the same problem with 223 at further distances. What magnification, brands, models should I be looking for? I know there's no such thing as a free lunch, but unfortunately I am not made of money, so those "most bang for the buck" types are what I'm looking for.
Thanks

bobn

several years ago i during a reduced target match i shot ten rounds into less than a half dollar. unfortunately it didn't count for beans as it wasn't centered on the bull. i was using a intermediate priced spotting scope.
...the point of my rambling is to hold out for a kowa scope. sell some other gun/stuff you don't use, work extra, scrap an old junk car, etc. fwiw bobn

kiwi56

Spotting Scope

For the 17hm2 any reasonable quality rifle scope above 4-12 power should be able to pick out 17 cal bullet holes at 100 yards I use a Bushnell 5-15 x 40 on my 17hm2 and have had no problems, when replacing my old Bisley spotting scope which was fixed 40x I bought a Tasco 15-45 x 60mm and that was absolute junk and got rid of that then looked at the Kowa 20-60 x 80mm and the optics on that were no better, murky glass, poor resolution and poor performance over 30 power, so glad I didn't buy it. I eventually went to a Burris 20 -60 X 80mm and that had excellent glass. As with most things you get what you pay for and sometimes saving yourself $100 just leads to disappointment, In my earlier shooting days I was very budget conscious but this often let to buying junk or someone else's problems.