Spokane and Coeur d'Alene,ID- Ranges?

Big Dave

Looking for a good range that rents in either place.

Have a little free time.

Also, looking for ideas for eats and must see / do.

Don't know if I'll have a chance to get to these places again.

Thanks,

Dave

md2lgyk

Used to live in Richland, WA and belonged to the Spokane Rifle Club. It's on the northwest edge of the city, off of Rifle Club Road (or maybe it's Rifle Range Road). They have a 25-yd outdoor pistol range, a rifle range (300 yds I think, and the best indoor pistol range I've ever shot in. Dues were around $60.00 a year. I think they are also open to the public at some times. Club has been around forever, and was featured on the cover of American Rifleman back in the 1930s.

There is also a club in Coeur d'Alene but I never shot there and don't remember the name. Any local gun shop could put you in touch with either of these clubs.

md2lgyk

Chap

You are looking for Sharp Shooting, an indoor range in Spokane at the corner of Trent & Freya, 509-535-4444. They have a 50' range, many gun rentals, and good prices on new guns. Also a OK selection of holsters and other accessories. A 1 day pass will run you $15. A 2nd shop, All American Arms is 250' away, compliments the selection of pistols and long guns.

The Cd'A lake is one of the jewels around here. So is Mt. Spokane, which is worth the 1 hr drive. Several good resturants in downtown Cd'A, also in Spokane. Clinkerdaggers, Steamplant, Bayou, Luigi's, Itialian Kitchen, Fugazzi, Patsy clark's, all do a good job. None are considered "eats", but there are very few places here that will even come close to breaking your budget.

If you have a only a few minutes and want to get a flavor of the surrounding forests and landscape, drive a few minutes past the Rifle Club mentioned above and stroll around the Bowl and Pitcher on the Spokane River in Riverfront State Park. Go across the river and walk on one of the several trails.

The rifle club is a place to shoot what you bring, but does not have any store or rentals.

Have fun,

Chap

Coolray

The Rifle Club is open for guests on friday's and Saturday's

The Sharp shooting range price is $20 Plus gun rental

In CDA you can shoot at Shooters Supply on Govt Way 208-765-4689 $10 to shoot he also rents. real nice bunch of folks there.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

If you need a range buddy......

Dave R

If you fish, there are too many options to count. If you don't you may want to try. You will likely not find a much better place for it. Gotta take advantage of what the locale offers, right?

Chap

coolray,

I'm going to try out the Cd'A gun club Sat morn for some skeet and trap. Do you do that sort of thing?

Big Dave

PRINT.

YES, thanks for the excellent replies.

This really helps.

I was thinking about going cross country skiing. Just a novice but seem to yearn for it. (Live in Hawaii).

Thanks guys,

Big D

EricM

Check out the former Aryan Nations compound in Hayden Lake :). There are some decent places to eat in downtown. The italian restaurant on the main strip in the mall is very good. I can't remember the name though.

Dunno about ranges.

Coolray

Chap
House hunting saturday AM on the northside.

If you don't like the CDA trap club, Davenport and Spangle both have clubs and nice people,also Hauser ID has a great looking facility but I never shot there so I don't know anything about it.

I never have shot skeet or trap,however a buddy is going to start me out this summer.

Hope you have a great shoot!

Chap

Coolray, Good luck hunting. I'm in the indian trail neighborhood. It was cold, wet, and blowing in Cd'A, and my shooting was awful, but I still had a good time. I'm going to have to try the Rifle club soon.