Splish, splash, bang, bang, underwater handgun photos

egor20

Interesting article in the U.K. paper "The Daily Mail"

article-2210560-1545065E000005DC-771_634x420.jpg

Firearm aficionado Andrew Tuohy has filmed himself firing a range of weapons, but never before underwater.

The gun expert has posted a series of images, as well as a video, to his blog Vuurwapen to show the different effect each gun has in his swimming pool.

After being triggered, a tornado forms at the end of the gun for a few short seconds before the bullet sinks down to the bottom and surrounding bubbles float to the surface.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hooting-handgun-UNDERWATER.html#ixzz27uoFG1RU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Some of the spent rounds Mr. Tuohy has turned into jewlery.

384009_3570097822058_1621511618_n-225x300.jpg

Interesting. I wonder how badly he damaged his hearing while doing that.

We do know that water conducts sound better than air, right?

Then there are the other issues. Firing a gun underwater causes feeding problems, and the possibility for a squib skyrockets. Sure, most guns can be fired underwater, but really...

egor20

Interesting. I wonder how badly he damaged his hearing while doing that.

Was thinking the same thing, I was a Navy diver until I blew an eardrum (no guns involved) then had to go surface Navy.

9mm

cokeman2423
shoots guns underwater.
he shot an ak47 it went a few feet.

I saw some videos of a M4 being test fired by a guy with a welders mask? the M4 blew up, which could harm you.
:eek:

DaleA

Yup. Ridiculous.

However I am secretly glad some goof balls fired a Taurus 1911 .45 in their swimming pool so I could watch the video. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue69HqrLpDY

I apologize for the language, the disrespectful way they handled their guns and actually for the entire video.

As far as I could tell they had their head underwater with no hearing protection.

Hypocritical of me for finding it interesting and then slamming the guys that did it? Probably.

Internetlad

other than maintenance issues (put away wet), would there be any issues with firing a revolver under water?

Cool pics, but probably not the smartest idea if you're lookin for longevity from your handgun.

Yeah, I doubt he was fully submerged when he did it. His hand is bare which gives me the idea that he isn't in a wetsuit and has no need to be fully submerged.