SpitFire 9mm Pistol

Amin Parker

Hi all,

I went to a gun store today and saw they had 2 Spitfire pistols in stock. One with a comp and the other stock.

The one with the comp was actually based on the 75 compact. It had a full length guide rod and a comp mounted on the barrel, it was not attached to the slide.

The other one was a basic clone of a pre B Round trigger guard cz 75 but in stainless steel and had a full length guide rod.

Both these pistols had adjustable sights of the Bo Mar variety. Very very nice pistols both. The workmanship is impeccable and the guns are fitted and finished extremely well. They feel and point like a cz (obviously) but i could really notice the extra weight. They must shoot real nice.

The cost is R13500,00 each. This comes to around US$2000 per pistol.

Does anyone here own Spitfire pistols?

Stressfire

I wish

Nope, but they look damn nice. Dunno about $2k nice, but nice nonetheless.

If anyone wants to let me test one out, I'd be happy to return it. Promise :D

lcpiper

just a fast google to check them out, it seems they were made by a British outfit called JSL, and for a few years they were imported to the US thru a company in Florida. They seem to be an upgraded, perhaps improved version of the CZ 75 series.

It looks like at least part of the price is because the company is out of business so there could be some collectors value involved. I'd go look for some solid numbers on how many of each model was produced and see if they are in deed rare enough to be worth it. Otherwise you might be better putting your money into a really nice CZ instead.

This is where I got the limited info, there are some pics.
http://www.securityarms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836

A search of gunbroker doesn't list anything under the searches;
*spitfire
*spit fire
*JSL

So they may be pretty rare in the US. Not sure about in other countries though.

Last edited:

Amin Parker

I am fairly familiar with Spitfire pistols and knew the gun shop had them in stock because the clerk told me about a week ago.

I just had to go see and fondle them for myself. They really are extremely well made. It just oozes quality.

To be honest, for a shooter, ill rather buy a new cz or 2 used ones. I just wish i had money that i did not use to buy a gun i wont really shoot or use for defence. Just as a show piece to look at.

US$4000 is a nice chunk of change. If i was still single i would have probably bought them. I have a 7 month old baby so ill have to pass.

They are mighty nice though and any collector would be very fortunate owning them.

tekarra

I too, have never seen one, only read of them. From the reading they sound like a good pistol, unfortunately they are no longer produced.

Get R Done Guns

For 2k I think there are probably a ton of guns that would be as good or even better. Sometimes when someone has something rare they ask more than they are even worth.

Just .02 from our end