Spikes Tactical?

DocDizz

Hi all. I was just wondering if anybody here has any experience with Spikes Tactical lower receivers? I've got the chance to get one with RRA parts kit and 6 position stock. I'm very seriously considering this, as any of the dealers and FFL holders around here are wanting to hose me on my value and only give me a stripped lower on a trade.

collector rob

I have 2 of their pistol lowers and 2 their rifle lowers. They are very well made, and nicely finished receivers. They have a pretty good following on the AR15 forum.

rjrivero

I've built quite a few rifles on Spike's Lowers. They are all good to go.

They did jack up their prices when the Obama Scare went into effect. I bought most of my lowers from them prior to that. So if that is a problem for you, then so be it.

My lowers all run fine. No issues at all. I do not have any of their uppers, or complete rifles at all.

I also have Spike's 22 Drop in conversion which runs really well.

sonrider657

I built a Spike's lower. Everything assembled perfectly but the take-down pins are a VERY tight fit in all of my uppers.

spikes.jpg

DocDizz

Well, I've already printed out the bill of sale for the deal so I'm ready :D. I've read nothing but good reviews about them, and I can at least say I got some RRA parts (I really wanted a Rock River lower, don't ask why. I realize there's not much difference when it comes to mil-spec forged receivers). I'm pretty stoked. Now I just need to come up with the dough and decision for an upper. I really want a 16" quad rail with flip up sights. I mean, I know that's like saying you want a 4 door sedan from Japan...

GotTheFeaver

Spikes makes a nice lower. Can't complain. Mated mine to a BCM configured upper. There was about a 4 week wait time. You gotta get the spider painted red..way cool.

Attachments

• IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 21

DocDizz

Well, I'm supposed to be going tomorrow to get it. I'm not sure what upper I would use, but have some time to work on that. I know I want a quad rail (just to mount all my leftover stuff from the service. Yeah, that's my reason. I've got a few lights, grips, and an elastic 1 point sling. That I know of). And I'm thinking of just using some flip up sights to start and get a red dot of some sort down the road.