Spikes DynaComp Shorty

thesheepdog

Hey guys!

Has anyone used one of these? Any comments on recoil/muzzle rise/muzzle blast?

I have used mostly baffle-type muzzle brakes on my guns, and I love them, except for the annoying muzzle blast (try laying down on your back and engaging a target with a muzzle blast slapping your legs).

Anyway, thanks for all of the help. I plan to review one soon.

BillyJack3

I don't have the shorty but I do have the standard Dynacomp. It's been great. If I do a compare to my AR with a flash hider, it's a huge difference. However, the one with the Dynacomp is also a middie with a St-T2 buffer. That combo makes this one of the softest shooting AR's I've ever shot.

IMG_0962.jpg

BillyJack3

I can't compare to other brakes as this is the only one that I have. Also, it's hard to say as I believe the set up as a whole is what is contributing to the lower recoil. Yes, it's definitely noticeable but I think it's the Brake/Mid Length Gas System/FA BCG and ST-T2 Buffer that ALL make the difference.

What I can attribute to the Dynacomp is the fact that I'm on target after every shot. No shift up and to the right like it is with a flash hider. There's almost no muzzle rise and people at the range make comments about that every time I bring it out.

Stealth01

Yep! From their Website:

Included
•Spike’s Tactical Dynacomp and crush washer
•Spike's Tactical Lifetime Warranty