Speer Lawman or Federal Champion (Bulk Buy)

Contrast Man

So I'm looking to pick up a 1000 rounds of 9mm 115gr and was curious to your opinion of the two. I've used the Fed. Champion many times before but came across Speer Lawman for exactly the same price. Should I go for the Speer or stick to the Federal? FWIW, this will mostly be going through my CZ-75B.

BRE346

Lawman in a 75B

My experience with CZ firearms says the gun won't care, it'll fire whatever you stuff in it. I just bought some Lawman to try. I expect it to work.

Uncle Malice

Lawman is excellent ammo - leaps and bounds better than Federal Champion. It's loaded nice and hot and shoots quite similarly to the Speer Gold Dot JHPs. If it's the same price as Federal Champion, that's a killer deal.

TargetSportsUSA has the 124gr Lawman for $229 for the case with free shipping right now.

PSP

At the same or near same price, I'd buy the Speer. Good ammo. Saw it at $199 / case (1000).

Crow Hunter

Lawman is excellent ammo - leaps and bounds better than Federal Champion. It's loaded nice and hot and shoots quite similarly to the Speer Gold Dot JHPs. If it's the same price as Federal Champion, that's a killer deal.

I concur. I would jump on that with both feet.

Contrast Man

TargetSportsUSA has the 124gr Lawman for $229 for the case with free shipping right now.

That seems like an even better deal, as the 115gr would come around to $220 after shipping.

Admittedly, I've only shot 115gr in 9mm; is there a noticeable difference between the 115gr and 124gr?

Uncle Malice

Admittedly, I've only shot 115gr in 9mm; is there a noticeable difference between the 115gr and 124gr?

124 gr shoots better for me. I assume you've practiced with hollow points of some kind to make sure that they function in your gun? If so, they shoot very similarly.

It's not a huge difference, but maybe a little bit stronger recoil pulse. Being 9mm, it's still negligible.

The only reason we shoot a lot of 115gr is because it's usually a little cheaper!

Gman56

The lawman shot great out of my CZ!It also liked the brass blazer ammo.It shot very accurate with both can't go wrong with either ammo!

Contrast Man

I've not put hollow points through it yet, but at this point in time it's not my go-to HD weapon.

With only a 9gr difference, it didn't seem like there'd be a whole lot of difference between the two.

Thanks for the help Uncle Malice!