Speer Golddot 380 ammo?

fastbolt

Dunno.

I have access to the 50-rd Speer boxes for quals at the agency, so that's what I often use.

However, I also seen Win STHP and Rem HJP/BJHP (Golden Sabre) cycle through the inventory, and I mostly use whatever is available.

I did once buy some boxes of the Win RA380T (T-Series), since I saw some available at the distributor for a decent price, and thought I'd try them in my LCP. I think I still have a box of it left, but the Speer GDHP & Rem HPJ loads have been the most recent loads available.

This is something you'd really have to ask the company if you want an informed answer. ;) For example, a few years ago I wondered if there was a difference between the .38 Spl 130gr +P PDX1 and the Ranger RA38B. The Winchester LE distributor rep with whom I spoke said he didn't know, but would call and find out. He called me back later and said the only difference was in the packaging used for general commercial sales versus LE sales, but the actual load was the same (20-rd boxes v. 50-rd boxes ... and a significant price advantage for individual officer sales for the 50-rd boxes).

Personally, I'm usually fine with whatever .380 JHP is available from one or another of the major American ammo companies ... as long as it feeds & functions in my LCP, in my hands ... as it's still just a .380 ACP, when all is said and done. ;)

wild cat mccane

As I found out with Federal HST 9mm, the 50 round Law Enforcement boxes can contain rounds that appear less polished/refined/clean than the 20 round boxes.

fastbolt

Sometimes a small sampling (boxes from only only 1-2 production lots) can change things, too.

I've seen a couple different brands of "premium" LE-only ammo exhibit a lot of variation in "cosmetic appearance" when comparing different cases & lots.

IdahoG36

I quit buying the 20 round boxes in gun stores for $22-$30, and started buying the 50 round boxes online for the same price. Honestly, I have seen absolutely no difference with the Federal HST or Speer Gold Dots between 20 and 50 round boxes. The rounds are clean and uniform in appearance. YMMV