Speedfeed review and a question

tango3065

I just recieved and mounted a speedfeed sport stock on my 870 and it is a big step up from the remington synthetic stock. To start with the stock is 2 - 3 times thicker and alot sturdier than the factory remington stock,sounds like solid wood when hit and not that hollow sound. The forearm is also much more sturdier and there is no way to get it on a little crooked like a remington because the action bars have a slot that they fit into. The fit and finish is actually better than the stock remington stock and it looks like it is factory, and the checkering is so much more deep and smoother looking. I am going to put a speedfeed on my other 870 I like this one so much, just wish I had known why these are so popular sooner.

Nows heres the question , they only thing I hate about the stock is stupid gold letters on the grip cap with the speedfeed logo, has anyone figured a way to remove them and then refinish? BTW for those who have not seen them the lettering is about 1/8 inch deep with a solid clear epoxy finish covering the grip cap so it don't just scrape off.:(

http://www.speedfeedinc.com/?location=products

Coop de Ville

Just installed the #4 on my marine mag and I can't cycle the action:mad:

It worked fine on my police mag but seems to bind on the bottom of the barrel. I have started to remove some plastic.
Will report.

Coop

tango3065

For anyone intrested or want to remove the gold lettering buy some novus scratch remover for fourwheeler plastic and keep rubbing and rubbing with the novus on a terry cloth while applying more every few seconds. The results are no more lettering and a nice grip cap with no sand marks a nice mirror finish.

showpicture.asp