Speed strip carrier

velocette

Carrying reloads for a revolver is a PITA, speed strips get lost in your pocket, speed loaders are bulky in your pocket and uncomfortable on your belt.
Here's a way to carry a pair of speed strips securely, easily and handily.
Remora make pouches for autoloader magazines, little did they know that they work for speed strips too. Stays in place, easy to access and comfortable.
Now you can be ready for those 7 or more assailants.

seeker_two

Some nylon double-stack may pouches will accommodate two Speed Strips laying flat. I use them for my 8-round .357 Tuff Strips often.

HighValleyRanch

I cut down a round speed strip to 5 and it now fits perfectly into my jeans watch pocket.

But better than carrying extra speedstrips or a speed loader in a dedicated pocket is carrying my Seecamp with one extra magazine for a total of 13 rounds New York reload in about the same amount of space as any reloads for a revolver would take.

Bob L. Swagger

Kramer Leather makes a great belt horsehide speedstrip carrier. You don’t even have to thread the belt thru it. It works like a dump pouch and the flap goes around the belt, so you can put it on without removing your belt. Very compact. Available in six or eight rounds. Pricey but worth every dime. I liked mine so much I ordered a backup!

Steve in PA

I use several Tuff Product Quickstrip Belt Pouches, available from Midway USA for around $12.

They come in small, medium and large. I use the medium for both 5 and 6 rounds speed strips. They wrap around the belt and have a flap that covers the strips. Works great when pocket carrying my S&W 642. No one knows the two little black pouches on my belt each holds 10-rounds of ammo.

CajunBass

I've always carried a speed strip in the watch pocket of my jeans. I was surprised to find that a speedloader works in the same place. I had just never tried it before.

MikeG

Way back when, I found a pager case worked to carry two speed strips.
Nowadays, some of the cell phone belt cases like the small Nite Eyz horizontal case would work well.
It also wouldn't be immediately identifiable as gun gear.

shurshot

Speed strips disappear rather easily into the various pockets of cargo pants and shorts. Far less bulges than with speedloaders.

ThomasT

Here is my homemade speed strip carrier. It seems to work well.

Attachments

• 001 (2).JPG
    001 (2).JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 002 (2).JPG
    002 (2).JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 005 (2).JPG
    005 (2).JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 53

ThomasT

Thanks Seeker. It was easy to make. The hardest part was molding the front section over the wood plug. I learned that trick from reading the Backwoodsman magazine.